BRIEF HISTORY OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA 🔰
- 1960-1966: Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa- no public funds stolen.
- 1966 Major Gen. Aguyi Ironsi- no public funds stolen.
- 1966-1975: Gen. Yakubu Gowon- little stealing of public funds began gradually.
- 1975-1976: Gen. Murtala Muhammad- zero tolerance for corruption and 1976-
- 1979: Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo- Military egg heads started owning huge properties, oil Blocs running into Millions of dollars.
- 1979-1983: Alhaji Shehu Shagari- looting galore by Ministers, party functionaries and other government big wigs.
- 1984-1985: Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari- zero tolerance for corruption and indiscipline. Some corrupt politicians bagged 200 years jail terms.
- 1985-1993: Gen Ibrahim Babangida- freed all jailed politicians; liberalized the architecture. In one fell swoop about $12 Billion varnished. He is called the father of corruption.
- 1993-1998: Gen. Sani Abacha- over $25 Billion looted in four turbulent years.
- 1998- 1999: Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar- about $2 Billion looted in 11 months.
- 1999- 2007: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo- His Bank account is said to have grown from N20,000 after leaving prison to Multi-Billion dollars with choice properties across major cities. $16 Billion allegedly meant for electric power projects vanished. Another N300 Billion [$2b] for roads disappeared.
- 2007-2010: Alhaji Umar Yar'Adua- reserved and sick. Looted funds have not been traced to his regime.
- 2011-2015: Dr. Goodluck Ebelle Jonathan- in 2011 elections about N2.6 Trillion disappeared. Over $31Billion stolen in 2yrs. Another $2.6 Billion was stolen in 2015 elections More revelations on stolen public funds during his tenure are still emerging, but remains the most honored Nigerian president with series of international honors and engagement . Celebrated till date as the icon and hero of democracy . Till date all efforts of his successor to link him with looted funds have failed woefully , they are still trying frantically but his popularity is soaring higher on the international scene His regime in terms of corruption cannot be described in words, but had never been indicted directly or indirectly as a former deputy governor , governor , vice president and president .
- 2015 - date. PMB. The fantastically corrupt leader , he was forced on Nigerians through rigging and under aged voting of almajiris and threatened to soak Nigerians in their blood should he not be allowed to rule .It is on record to be sponsored by jihadist and was appointed as spokes person for the Boko Haram In 2013 parley with the federal government . A sponsor of herdsmen himself , and whose ambition is to forcefully collect lands and waterways of indigenous Nigerians for his imported brothers from the west African countries .
First presidential candidate to have presented fake and forged WASC results for four consecutive presidential elections and hired 28 SAN to defend him . First Nigerian president with no known diploma or degree to his credit ,and first Nigerian military president with no international honours to his name . No known books or memoir written , very lazy in reading , analogical president who knows nothing around him for himself ,except what his overzealous advisers tell him . The only international award to his name was fraudulently packaged by one fake Martin Luther king foundantion based in Ghana , though his PR guys paid $ 3million for this award that was quickly denounced and debunked not to emanate from the authentic MLK Jr foundation based in Chicago . Fake integrity hurriedly built to hoodwink his gullible supporters in 2015 but later crashed like a pack of cards when he could not live up to the role , he rode to power with looted funds , great tolerance for corruption and financial misappropriation for his cronies , recovery of looted funds, and re- looted under his watchful complicity , a fake and pretentious ethnic bigot . He holds the record of the first Nigerian president to have polarised and divided Nigérians along ethnic and religious line , weak docile , unintelligent , gravely incompetent to the extent of repeatedly appointing dead people to position of authority . The first army general to rule Nigeria with serious security challenges , has recorded an unequalled deaths of innoc