The 22 African presidents murdered in office since 1963.
Since 1963, more than 22 African presidents have been murdered by the Westerners while they were still in power. For their patriotic love, they embarrassed the colonial powers in place and especially France. If you know SDEC, DGSE and DST? Well, these are three French intelligence agencies that would have the reputation of coup d'état in Africa.
Here are the 22 African presidents murdered since 1963, while they were still in power:
1. In 1963: SYLVANUS OLYMPIO, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. YOU #TOGO
2. In 1966: JOHN-AGUIYI IRONSI, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. OF #NIGERIA.
3. IN 1969: ABDIRACHID-ALI SHERMAKE, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. FROM #SOMALIA.
4. IN 1972: ABEID-AMANI KARUMÉ, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. FROM #ZANZIBAR
5. In 1975: RICHARD RATSIMANDRAVA, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. FROM #MADAGASCAR
6. In 1975: FRENCH-NGARTA TOMBALBAYE, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. YOU #CHAD
7. In 1976: MURTALA-RAMAT MOHAMMED, PRESIDENT OF THE REP. FROM #NIGERIA