We visited Onyendu today at the headquarters of the Department of State Services (DSS) Abuja, to provide him with update on our relevant filings before the Supreme Court, as well as briefed him on other pertinent legal briefings.
During our discussion today, Onyendu revealed partial compliance with his routine medication, though still not administered as medically prescribed. Yet, Onyendu is still being denied access to his personal Physician.
Furthermore, Onyendu directed me to issue the foregoing statements:
1. That this critical time calls for the greatest circumspect among his followers because the enemies are relentlessly exploiting the vulnerable, to sustain their status quo, and further blackmail the IPOB, ably led by Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, which is a peaceful self-determination movement.
2. Onyendu has a hard stance in condemnation of crimes and dissidents, and reiterated that he has never condoned nor supported criminality of any form. Hence, the criminal elements who are involved in making lives unbearable to our people should be immediately fished out and dealt with as such. They have no place in IPOB's peaceful self-determination movement.
3. That the general public and indeed UmuChineke, should be notified in unmistaken terms that nobody is receiving any instruction from Onyendu for the purpose of encouraging dissidents’ behaviours and accordingly, disassociates himself from any person(s) who is mischievously feeding the public with such blatant falsehood. Onyendu stressed that he has since made his stance public, which position is clearly contained in a viral short clip, recorded during one of his appearances in Court.
4. Onyendu reiterated his call for total calmness in the entire South-East region, and particularly queried the mental state of those who are relentlessly waging war against his people, the very people he had sworn to protect and make life better for.
5. Onyendu’s movement was founded on a peaceful bedrock, in consonance with the universally recognized rights of indigenous people to self-determination, as clearly encapsulated under the extant laws.
6. That the activities of the dissidents/marauders who engage in criminal activities, have further emboldened the blood thirsty and untrained Nigerian security agents, to unleash unimaginable terror on innocent people of the South-East region.
7. In conclusion, Onyendu reminds UmuChineke to note that the successive landmark victories he recently recorded in various Courts of competent jurisdictions against the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), may not have gone down well with his traducers, including the FGN. Hence, he insists that all hands must be on deck to enable saner minds to identify the real enemies in our midst, and those being used by the establishment to try to implicate and/or blackmail him.
From every indication, it is very likely that a date will soon be assigned at the Supreme Court of Nigeria for the hearing of Onyendu’s Appeal against the Order staying the execution of his judgment. We will not hesitate to inform UmuChineke, through the approved channel once a date is given.
Onyendu urged UmuChineke to maintain maximum restraint, and never to lose sight of the main reason why he is currently undergoing persecution. Onyendu was particularly delighted by the news of your peaceful conduct and consequently, encouraged you all to always keep your eyes on the ball as we all can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you all, Ezigbo UmuChineke and remain blessed.
Sir Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Esq. (KSC).
IPOB’s Lead Counsel
10th November 2022